After a few welcome screens, it will start running as an icon in the tray:
Right-click on the tray icon and select "Add a remote folder".
A dialog appears. In the address field, copy-paste the URL of your Alfresco server, it is the web address you use to access Alfresco in your web browser:
Insert the https:// prefix if it did not get copied.
Then enter your Alfresco username/password.
The next screen shows the Alfresco folders.
Choose the folder you want to sync.
If you use Alfresco Share (like most companies), click "Sites", select your site, then click "documentLibrary".
CmisSync will now sync Alfresco to your desktop, whenever you have a network connection.
CmisSync does two-way sync, which means you can modify/add files.
Should a conflict occur, a backup is made and you can handle it by choosing which version to keep.
- Sync any Alfresco content, not just Alfresco Share Sites
- Based on CMIS, modern and more network-friendly than WebDAV
- Configurable sync interval
- More reliable (Alfresco Desktop Sync is reported to stop working after some time)
- Frequent releases based on users feedback